Monday, July 17, 2006

Delay is Increasingly Expensive

This week I'm exploring a few of the frameworks of coaching. I'll relate them to personal and business coaching situations - and make each one applicable to everyday life for most of us. I hope you enjoy the frameworks I've chosen to discuss.

A coaching framework is simply a structure designed to support the client as he or she moves forward to a different level. The framework itself offers a perspective that often drives change.

Delay is increasingly expensive. Another way to state this is: If not now, when? Often when we wait for "just the right time", we miss the opportunity completely. Windows of opportunity are usually small - so waiting jeopardizes our success. In personal situations as well as business situations, time is usually extremely important. I'm not advocating jumping off a cliff; however, I'm totally against waiting around trying to "over-perfect" the task at hand.

Delay is increasingly expensive. Believe in your abilities. Trust your instincts. Go for it. Make it happen. Your coach is the safety net.

For more information on how this coaching framework can support you personally and in business, contact me and I'll arrange a complimentary session to illustrate this framework.

No comments: