Friday, June 23, 2006

TIme Management: Capture an Hour

The strategy I'm suggesting today can be a powerful tool in managing time. Capture an hour a day just for you. It may sound frivolous to busy people. It may even sound like it defeats the purpose; however, it has been proven by my own clients to work wonders for time management. Stay with me.

When you actually have some time - an hour is wonderful, but it can be 15 minutes or half an hour - you can relax and create some much needed breathing space. When you have this time and space, you will view everything else through a different filter. I truly believe that we all need breathing space and time to think. After an entire week of capturing an hour a day, productivity increased among my client base by an average of 95%. And when this strategy becomes part of your operating system, the results are even better.

A lot of people feel they don't have an hour to "give up." My answer is to break the hour up into 15-minute segments or 30-minute segments. My point is this: make it work for you. Whatever it takes to create time to think and breathe is key to your success and to your ability to produce personally and professionally. It is an investment in yourself. It is a powerful tool that will help you tremendously. Try it for a week or more - and let me know if it works for you. I think you'll love it.

No comments: