It really doesn't matter what car you drive, what designers you wear, what house you live in, where you vacation and how many times you travel in a year. You may have an impressive lifestyle - and that's fine. However, in the bigger scheme of things, all that doesn't matter at all if your life isn't fulfilling.
I believe that there is a huge distinction between living a life and having a lifestyle. The two are often interchanged and some feel are mutually exclusive. Thomas asked the question, "How much of my life is being consumed by my lifestyle?" and I think the question is powerful.
What are you really about? What do you really want to accomplish in your life? What about your life isn't really you at all? Interesting questions that need to be answered if you are going to attract all that you want in life.
Try this exercise - and see what happens.
- Take an hour and sit in a quiet space and connect with yourself.
- Write down what your own ideal life would look like.
- Who would you really be? Where would you be? How would you feel? What would you do?
- After an hour, stop the exercise. Let some time pass - and go back and read what you wrote. Tweak it as necessary.
- Start living your ideal life. Don't hesitate.
Remember that a fulfilling life is not about an impressive lifestyle. It's so much more than that!
Much more to come from Sara Fitts......