- Gift cards and gift certificates are excellent ways to reward employees. You can get them from restaurants, specialty stores, spas, resorts, or even from American Express, Visa, or MasterCard.
- Recognition as "Employee of the Month" with a picture and plaque on the office wall of fame is another good way to keep morale up and inspire extra efforts.
- Order lunch for everyone and set it up in the conference room. As simple as pizza or subs to a more elaborate buffet - any type of lunch provides a way to relax and enjoy the people you employ.
- Host an off-site staff meeting. Consider a resort, restaurant, or fitness center. After the meeting, provide relaxation in a comfortable setting.
- Personal notes and letters are always appreciated - and definitely create a climate and culture of appreciation.
These are 5 simple ways to reward employees. They don't have to be expensive or elaborate. Simplicity is a fabulous way to express gratitude and appreciation. The only requirement is that whatever the reward, it must be authentically given. No one wants to be recognized as an afterthought or required agenda item.